Sapphic september Reading Challenge 2023 Wrap Up

 

It's finally Autumn again and nothing says Autumn like my favourite readathon Sapphic September. Manic Femme knocked it out of the park this year with a new set of challenges!  Let's see how I did. 
So firstly heres my final bingo card

Only one gap missing this year! Much better than 2022!

The Books from Bottom to top of the Pile

Girls of Little Hope
by Sam Beckbessinger and Dale Halvorsen
(Red X's)
Prompts: Plus Sized Sapphics, Adult if you read YA and Vice Versa
My only YA (I'm counting it as YA anyway) and i's a winner. Just like last year I had to add in a bit of horror and this 90's set mystery horror does the job just fine. A great story, fun characters and hideous monsters. Totally worth seeking this bad boy out!

Couplets 
by Maggie Millner 
(Green X's)
Prompts: 2023 Release, Quick Read, Indie or small Press Author
I consumed this book in an hour on a coxy afternoon and I enjoyed every minute. A story of a woman leaving her boyfriend and falling into kink and queerness. Beuatifully written and a fantastic read.

Dead Dead Girls 
by Nkesa Afia
(Blue X's)
Prompts: Debut, part of a series, favourite genre, New or New to You author
I love a good crime and this definitley counts as one! A 1920's set sapphic thriller with flappers, mysteries and murders. A fantastic book with a brilliant progtagonist. I need to seek out the sequel stat!

Legends and Lattes
by Travis Baldree
(Orange X's)
Prompts: Backlist Title, Comfy Read, Tropes that start with letter F, Butch/masc Sapphics
This is my book of the year. It's a cute and cosy masterpeice that I think everyone should read. It's about an orc that opens a coffee shop in a town that has never heard of coffee. Absolute masterpeice.

The Memory Librarian 
by Janelle Monae
(Purple X's)
Prompts: Friend picked it out, Different Identity from your own
I'm about to let you all down but I did not like this book much at all. Two of the stories caught my eye but the rest no I felt very little towards them which is such a shame. I was so excited for this book too but it turns out it was not for me. Oh Well can't win them all.

So there we are another september of glorious sapphic reads! I hope everyone enjoyed this and have a great autumn!

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts