Sapphic September Reading Challenge 2022 Wrap Up!

 It's finally autumn and the perfect time to be curling up with a good book. With that in mind I attempted the Sapphic September reading challenge made by Manic Femme. I thought this would be a perfect tiem to give it a go and use only ones from my current TBR to try and give it a bit of a clear out! Here is how I did

My Final Challenge Square


The Books (from Bottom to Top of the Pile)

Sawkill Girls by Claire Le Grand 
(Green Xs)
Prompts: Spooky Sapphics and Dual or Multi POV
I loved LeGrand's last book Extasia so I was very excited for this one. Whislt I much preffered Extasia to this I did enjoy Sawkill Girls, spooky and grisly with a hell of a lot of girl power this book will sink its teeth into you!  Think  Midnight Mass with monsters instead of vampires!

Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield
(Blue Xs)
Prompts: Lesbian Rep, Ice Queen Character 

Holy shit this book was creepy, From the leads cold marine bioligist wife to the horrors of the ocean thsi book is going to haunt me. I loved it so much. Totally one of my faves of the challenge!

Acts of Service by Lillian Fishman

(Black Xs)

Prompts: Sporty Sapphics, Recently Purchased or Recieved

Oooh this was a wierd one. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. A bizarre and claustrohpbic book all about betrayal and being trapped with strangely captivating people. 

The Visitors by Jessi Jezewska Stevens

(Red Xs)

Prompts: New or New to you Author, 2022 Release, Indie or Small press author

The only novel I hagve ever read where a bisexual woman is tormented by a financially minded gnose. Absolutley batshit nuts. I loved it. this one will stay with you. 

Insatiable by Daisy Buchanan

(Yellow X)

Prompt: 5 Star Predicition

I knew this was going to amazing and I was right. This book is like a more fun version of Acts of Service. A story of a bisexual woman falling in love with a couple and finding out about herself in the process. Divine!

The Secret Sunshine Project by Benjamin Dean

(Purple Xs)

Prompts: Quick Read, Single Sapphic

I don't often read kid-lit anymore but this book is the perfect bit of gay sunshine I needed. A cute story about a girl throwing a pride event for her sapphic sister. Adorable and fun.

So there we are here is my full set of reads for this month 

Twitter thread here


As you can see I didn't fill in all the prompts so I will have to try this again oen year and see if I fill in the ones I missed out this year! It's a super fun challenge and you should totally give it a go especially when its that most bisexual time of the year autumn Sweater Weather season!!!!



via GIPHY


Comments

Popular Posts