The Ship of Shadows by Mia Kuzniar Review

So Summer is over. I'm back at work and things are back to their usual business. Last week I gave myself the week off blogging but did some general blogging housework sorting out my about pages. But now I'm back and feeling nostalgic for summer so I thought I would talk about one of my favourite new reads of the year and a book that will bring that summer feeling right back. The Ship of Shadows.



I preordered this bad boy because if anyone knows me at all they'd know that one mention of badass lady pirates and I am there like a shot. This book literally fills this gap perfectly.

Following the story of Aleja a talented linguist and wannabe adventurer. After she finds something she shouldn't have she ends up joining the fabled pirate ship The Ship of Shadows. With an all female crew, ghosts and rooms that turn up out of nowhere Aleja ends up on adventure of her life.

Everything about this book was superb. Aleja is an amazing character and you really grew to love her. The whole crew is awesome though and filled with badass lady characters that I honestly wish were around when I was a child. Her cake obsessed friend Frances is a real highlight as well.

The crew is super diverse, talented and exciting. Every character jumps from the page and makes you want to run off and join their adventures on the high seas. Also we have krakens which is very important to me at all times.

This book is honestly incredible and I can't wait for more. The perfect cure for the post summer pre-halloween blues!!

It was also the inspiration for this post I did but I didn't want to just drop it in there. I really wanted to spotlight it on it's own.

So this was just a quick review I hope you guys enjoyed it and as usual any reccs or thoughts feel free to comment below!!


Comments

Popular Posts