Perfect Piratical Reads!



 Ahoy me Hearties It's Talk Like a Pirate day and as everyone knows I love pirates and pirate themed things. In fact my last three posts have featured pirates in some capacity. So today I thought We'd talk about 4 brilliant Piratical books perfect for today and all days!!


The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists

by Gideon Defoe

Yes I've spoken about this book before but its so damn amazing you have to read it. It's absolutely hilarious, funny and so well observed. I read this on the train and I couldn't stop giggling. It's silly piratical fun and a very easy read. 


The Ship of Shadows

by Maria Kuzniar

Literally wrote a review of this last week . I love pirates but the one thing I love more than pirates is badass lady pirate and this book has that in spades. It's got a magical pirate ship, an awesome adventure and the most diverse cast of lady pirates I've ever seen. So good.


The Jolly Rogers series

by Jonny Duddle

This book pictured literally inspired this post. I saw it in the charity shop straight after I found out it was Talk Like a Pirate Day (I lose track of dates far too easily!) and suddenly I knew after reading it in about 20 minutes flat that 1. that I had to have a post about pirate books and 2. this needed to be included on it. So here it is. There is a full series of these and I will be honest I'v only read this one but if they are all as good as this then I have to recommend them. the mum character is my favourite.


Les Campbell

by Jose Luis Manuera

We're going international this week with this awesome french comic. I've loed this series for years and the first volume Inferno is amazing. Funny, heartfelt and super engaging it'll stick with you for ages. An absolute delight. If you can read in french (which I can) this'll be a great one to get into the french bande dessinee scene.

So There we go mateys! Set sail for adventure with these badass piratical reads! Enjoy and any reccs always welcome!!



Comments

Popular Posts