My Love Life and The Apocalypse by Melissa Welliver

 

This for me is probably one of the most exciting books of the year! Melissa Welliver wrote one of my favourite books of all time The Undying Tower so when I heard she was writing an apocalypic love story well  Iwas excited to say the least. After begging (in a dignified fashion) Chicken House for a copy I settled down with this bad boy and it was worth every page!!
So without further ado lets go!
Plot Time:  Echo is teen "synth" and the last one still alive in the city stuck ina  perpretual loop in an abaonded world constantly being fixed up by robots. But with no-one to talk to his life has stagnated and he has become obsessed with retro TV. However when Pandora's space pod crashes in his city Echo is about to make several discoveries including ones about love.

When I first read the synopsis for this book I was so worried it would turn out to be like the morally icky film Passengers but it really isn't. It's so much more than that. It's a brilliant story packed with memorable characters and lots of robots.

The future world is also very close to comfort an over polluted mess being cleaned up by robots. All the animals are mutated in hideous ways and the world is just waiting for human kind to come back and ruin it all again. In a way it kinda reminded me fo the earth they talk about in Red dwarf.

I'm not going to spoil what happens but there are some geuinelyl upsetting and scary moments not related to Pandora and Echo's love story but they shocked the hell out of me so I'm warning you now. 

Finally Echo and Pandora's actual romance is really cute and funny. I loved the chemistry between them and how adorable and silly they both were. This isn't teens written as adults like in some romance novels this is properly teens being teens. I loved that about it.

Overall I loved this book. Mellissa Welliver has done it again! It's brilliant and a totally unique love story that will keep you gripped until the end. 10/10!!!!!!


via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts