The Girls I've Been by Tess Sharpe: Review

 

I have been exicted to read this one ever since I saw it in the Team BKMRK newsltter. Then Igot sent a ARC and a set of gorgeous postcards and was even more excited. And after reading it I was so surprised because this bad boy really did live up to the hype!
The Girls I've Been is all about a girl who is at the moment called Nora. A bisexual girl with a complicated past and thats to put it lightly. She has an overprotective sister called Lee, a best friend/ex called Wes and a new girlfriend called Iris. She's trying to fit in. Until Iris and Wes and herself are stuck in the middle of a bank heist. 

This book was genuinelly so thrilling from the start and kept me intrigued the whole time. The set up is fascinating and at the top of each chapter it tells us what she has and what plan she's on. It makes the whole book very dynamic and makes it move super fat that you just can't stop reading. This book is addictive!

I'd also like to spotlight how well Nora's bisexuality is portrayed. we don't often get bi characters who call themselves Bi and that honestly made my little day. I love a bit of bisexual respresentation. Nora isn't a perfect character by any means and to be honest the way she treats Wes is kind of horrible. She betrays peoples trust a lot and whilst we know why the book doesn't shy away from the fact that what she does at times is bad and hurts people. She isn't given a free pass and I really loved that.

Overall I have to reccomend this book it's fantastic, thrilling and brilliant. I don't want to spoil anything but lets just say its twists and turns more than a maze! Definitley read this one I have a feeling it's going to be big!

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts