A Court of Swans by Melanie Dickerson-Review

 
And here we are with another book review. Sorry it's taken me so long to get here. Today we are reviewing Court of swans by Melanie Dickinson sent to me by Harper 360. Thanks so much for sending me this ARC. So lets going.
This book was an interesting one for me. I had never read a Melanie Dickinson book before although I had heard of her so I went in knowing very little of what might end up happening.  It wasd also set in a timeperiod I knew very little of which made it very intriguing.

This book follows the life of Lady Delia Dericott, the daughter of an Earl who dies in suspicious circumstances whose seven brothers get arrested for crimes they didn't commit. Delia goes to London to try and save them and while there meets a kindred spirit, Sir Geoffrey. A man who was forced to arrest her brothers but doesn't believe them to be guilty. The two then have to rescue them and attempt to clear the Dericott family name and fall in love at the same time.

This was a good story that occasionally suffered from pacing issues and stopping for large bits of expositition and exploring issues.

There were however some great side characters that kept it going and made it quite readable. Esopecially the abbess and the stepmothers sister. Both of these made the story go quicker and made it far more fun. Also Lady Ane but I really don't want to spoil that book.

In the end this is a cute book with a good little advenure in it. Definitely one for Historical romance fans!

also in my head Lord Gregory was played Matthew McFadyen as Mr Darcy so I thought I'd treat you all!

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts