5 Books By Indie UK Publishers I have My Eyes on!


So over the lockdown I've been doing what I'm best at reading and the more I read the more I need new books. I have been avoiding shopping with the Big A Megacorp in favour of supporting Indie Bookshops. Then I discovered Indie Publishers (which I'd heard of and read a few of but not many) and now I thought i'd share 5 that look totally awesome.
None of this spon by the way I just love cool books.




Some of these I may end up buying and reviewing on this very blog so we'll see how far I can stretch my pennies!!

1.  The Memoir
Published by Sandstone Press
This book sounds awesome! The story of how Fontaine learned to deal with her Mothers illness by joining America's last Travelling Freak s
Show. Just sounds incredible and incredibly memorable. And on a vanity note how pretty is that cover! It's so beautiful I could cry!

2. The Up and Comer
Diary of a Young Naturalist by Dara McAulty
Published by Little Toller
As you know this is a blog run by an autistic person (me) so naturally I love to support the works of other autistic people out there and this is not exception. I first heard about Dara on BBC's Ouch twitter page and since then I've been interested in his book. A campaigner and nature lover Dara seems like a great person and like someone who has a written a damn good book!

3. The Flash Fiction
Love, Pan Fried by Gray Crosbie
Published by Knight Errant

If like me you are struggling reading full books due to your attention being stuck to the ruddy huge problem outside then why not read some flash fiction. Packed with super short stories about shapeshifting, love and all other sorts of things this book looks like a pretty perfect way to take your mind off things even if it is for quite a short period of time!

4.The Dark Academia Pick
Sweet Days of Discipline by Fleur Jaeggy
Published by And Other Stories

Anyone else borderline obsessed with stories set in boarding schools, crumbling colleges and other questionable educational establishments? Nope just me. Well I kinda discovered the Dark Academia aesthetic the other day and I am obsessed and this book about a girls obsession with her friend in boarding school looks like it will scratch that itch.

5.The Poetry Pick
Requiem by Siofra McSherry
Published by The Emma Press

Ok Pamphlets count as books. Tiny little poetry books but books none the less! This one has interested me since I heard about it as it follows through illness, death and burial. This one looks fascinating and the snippet you get on the site is brilliant.

So there we go 5 books from UK indie publishers that I think sound great.
Have you bought any good indie books recently or got any decent recommendations if so chuck 'em in the comments.

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts