#Daisylove - Adventures at Somerset house

So last Saturday as I was minding my own business walking back from Southbank over the Waterloo bridge I got stopped by two lovely ladies holding big Marc Jacobs balloons. they handed my a strange flower shaped invitation and told me to go to Somerset House's Portico Rooms and go to their new fragrance launch. With nothing better to do and it being quite hot and the idea of being inside seeming frankly quite a good plan I ventured in to find out whatever the hell was going on!

So as I walked through what felt like the whole of the house before I climbed up some very pretty stairs I wondered what exactly was about to happen. The answer was literally just around the corner when I walked past another Marc Jabos lady who handed me these things.
These are tokens with which you could exchange in the vent for all sorts of things. Mainly just games of which because I am a useless blogger I did not take many pictures of. But anyway there was loads of theming that was meant to take you to a tropical island. 
The games included a hoop game, a shy, a grab machine and a giant buzzer game. I was so overwhelmed I forgot to take pictures! Anyway I tried my hand at a few (which you  pay for in tokens) which whilst not a total bust as i did win something was kinda pitiful.So I decided to look at the balcony which was gorgeous as I said it was a beautiful day
See I mean look at that. What a view! It was gorgeous.

Anyway so I took off after that handing most of my tokens (I had about 15 of the damn things) to a woman who had a few kids who were having so much fun but were running out of tokens. I did keep one for my scrap book though.

Then I went down and looked at their newest free exhibition Print! Tearing It Up. Which is all about celebrating independent British magazines. It was really fascinating and totally worth visiting. It's open until the 22nd August so I reccomend you pop on over as soon as possible. There weer so many some I was familiar with, some I love, and some I really want to read.

At the end of the exhibit there is a shop with a huge wall filled with magazines and zines from the UK scene. It was incredible and really cool and so worth seeking out.

 anyway here was my haul from my impromptu Somerset house visit!
I bought a copy of Dazed because I love their style and I used to read this back at Uni where it was in the library. It;s totally worth it by the way. With it I got my process leaflet and a free zine called Picpus.  From the Daisy launch I won a sample of the fragrance got handed another and kept one of my tokens. Overall it was a great day and totally fun way to spend a few hours!



I was given free access to this event by Marc Jacobs as were loads of people who happened to be crossing Waterloo bridge. I was not paid or asked to do this piece. I just thought it would be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts