THE BEST OF 2022: My Faviorite Books of the year!

 
2022 is finally over and it has been quite the year. So I thought I would do a quick look at my top reads of the year to send 2022 out in style!

I read so many great books this year but these 8 are then ones I really wanted to scream from the rooftops about!

The Spicy Crime

My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey

If oen genre went stratospheric this year it had to be Romance. I personally have really enjoyed the genre and some of its sub genres this year. This one however really stood out. Great crime, great couple and a good anount of spice. The ultimate in holiday reads

The Gilded Fantasy

A Taste of Gold and Iron by Alexandra Rowland
I'm not always the biggest fantasy nerd but this one absolutely blew me away. A story of royals, duty, war and hot bodyguards. This book is thrilling and contains a very cute gay romance and is just glorious. Also I aquired it in a goody bag the night I met Olivie Blake (squeeeeeeeee!) so thats just abother reason I adore it.

The Nonfiction Surprise

Invisible Women by Leanna Renee Heiber and Andrea Janes
I bought this one at a whim at an exhibition at Somerset House and I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy it. A fantatsic look at famous and infamous ghosts and the culture that helped create and make them ubiquitous. It's a challengingm fascinating and feminist read which looks at the intersections of America's female ghosts.

The Watery Horror
Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield


Horror is always one of my go-to genres and I've read some amazing ones this year (honorable mentions to Paralell Hells, Tell Me I'm Worthless and Small angels) however the one that blew me away was this claustraphobic night mare about a lesbian couple and the sea. Honestly it is haunting.


The Memoir

I'm Glad my Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy

This has to be one of the most talked about books of the year a brilliant memoir from former nickolodeon star Jeanette McCurdy. This book focuses on her difficult childhood, her eating disroders and everything she has been through. It's darkly funny and absolutely brilliant.

The Romance
Honey and Spice by Bolu Babalola 
I know I already mentioned Romance but I couldn't let this one go. With the rise of the big old romances like the work of Colleen Hoover and her ilk, Bolu Babalola stood ahead of the curve with this marvellous romance. A meticiulously plotted and clever story of university fake relationships that may just become real after all. 

My Most Talked About
House of Hunger by Alexis Henderson
I cannot shut up about this sapphic horror modern classic. It's just perfect

The History
Bad Gays by Ben Miller and Huw Lemmy

This book is a fantastic look at the gay people in history we would all like to forget! Well thats a little over simplistic but it's a look at some of the most complicated figures in History. Bizarre and eye opening. 

So thats them by Top 8 of the year
Bring on 2023!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts