My Top 5 Summer Reads

 


Hello guys! It's been a little while but I'm back. I thought I'd do a bit of an old school post and do my top 5 Holiday reads. I read 20 this holiday so it was pretty tricky to cut it down to just five but I made it. These are in no order at all just five of my faviorite books I read this holiday. So if you are looking for reccomendations of reads to take away ro for your staycation try one of these!

 The Rediscovered Classic

Sugar by Bernice L. McFadden

This book is a masterpeice. A completely unputdownable story of friendship, faith and atonement. It's the story of a bereaved mother who is asked by her priest to befriend the sexworker who has moved in next door. A truly brilliant and heartbreaking book.

The Historical Rom Com

The Queer Principles of Kit Webb by Cat Sebastian

Stand and deliver! Yes this is a highwayman themes period romance between a rich rapscallion and a former highwayman turned coffee shop owner! It's amazing, funny and will make your heart go all a flutter. Cat Sebastian never fails and this one is just another in her long line of winners!

The Fairytale Reimagining
Rapunzella or Don't Touch my Hair by Ella McLeod

This book is unlike anything I have ever read before. A lyrical tale of magic, villainy and race mixed with fantasy. Two worlds intertwine and sthe world changes as a princess comes into her power. Absolutely incredible. If you loved Cinderella is Dead you will love this book.

The Spicy Holiday Special

My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey 

Holy Moley if you like a cosy murder mystery with a side order of romance and a good portion of smut this is the book for you. Think a more light hearted version of Verity, if you loved Charlaine Harris's Aurora Teagarden mysteries you will love this plus Myles is a total dreamboat.

The Underated Witches
The Vine Witch by Luanne G Smith

Why has no one talked about this book before it is amazing! Set in a vineyard in France a recently freed witch returns to her home to find out there has been many changes. In a magical town the new owner of her vineyard is a man who doesn't believe in witchcraft. With blight on the crops harming the land she is forced to work with him and conceal her identity. This book is just fabulous and completely enthralling. I need to get the sequel!

So here we are my top five holiday reads. I hope you have enjoyed this and have some hints for your next read! What have you read this summer holiday let me know in the comments below!


via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts