The Imperfect Art of Caring by Jess Ryn Review

 

I have been looking forward to reviewing this one since the lovely people at HQ stories sent this over to me. I'd already featured this gorgeous book on my twitter. But now it's time on the blog has finally come! As usual just because this book was sent to me doesn't mean I won't tell the truth. I always give honest reviews.
Anyway on with the review!
Plot: Violet Strong pushes everyone away after a childhood trauma that everyone blames her for. She's stayed as far away from her family as possible but when her sister makes her come back and care for her ailing mother her mindset starts to change.

This book had me feelign so many emotions. It was cute and heartwarming but still packed an emotional punch. The interactions between Violet and her mother were heartbreakingly similar to when I was a carer for a family relative. It's so utterly believable and so similar to my own and so many former and current home carers. 

However the emotional heft was brought home well and honestly I hope it shines a light for people who don't understand how draining and heartbreaking being a carer can be. The scenes in the support group had me in near tears at the sheer loveliness of people at times.

I read this book in just about an hour. It's very cute and breezy and I just couldn't put it down. Ryn's writing style is so addictive and the whole book flies past in minutes. 

This book honestly is so beautiful, fun and breezy and the perfect read to restore your hope in humanity.

Be Kind everybody!

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts