Cineworld Watford Grand Opening + brief Aquaman Review


Ladies and Gentlemen cast your minds back to the beginning of December where I was very lucky to be invited to Watford for the grand unveiling of their brand new Cineworld cinema which has all the bells and whistles and I was even more lucky because I got to see Aquaman before everyone else. So here it is after all this time I'm happy to present my review of Aquaman and my report on this amazing event.



As you can imagine I was super excited to see the brand new Cineworld in Watford. My family lives around there and I knew the shopping centre was getting an update but I had no idea what an amazing upgrade they had done to it. In what used to be one of the most run down parts of the Harlequin shopping centre they've put a whacking great cinema.
photo courtesy of cineworld
When I turned up with my mu I had no idea what to expect but I really didn't expect it to be so big! It's massive and has some really amazingly advanced technology including not just the latest Imax screen with Laser technology but also a screen X screen.

Firstly though like all good gala attendees we had to get some prosecco and nibbles in the foyer which as you can see was rammed full of guests! So after having a good look around the food area as well as just in general looking at how massive this place is we got invited to look around the actual screens.
Then a lovely Cineworld member of staff showed us to the Screen X screen which was incredible. It is mostly like a normal cinema and no glasses are required like 3d cinemas are except for one major difference the screen lines three sides of the auditorium! The demo they showed was incredible and it's definitley a format I cannot wait to see films in in the future.
Photo Courtesy of Cineworld
Then after a quick loo break and a few more snacks we were told to go the Imax screen for a big surprise! A screening of Warner Brothers newest film that wasn't due to be out until Friday (and yes I've already spoiled it i the title but anyway) Aquaman! Firstly the imax screen is huge. I don't think i've been to any cinema outside of London that is this massive!
photo courtesy Cineworld
I have to be honest in that I find Imax actually quite difficult to watch but it really is an amazing spectacle! I ended up seeing Aquaman again but in 2D and to be honest whilst you don't get all the extras in 2D its worth seeing in any format.

So onto Aquaman. 
QUICKY SUMMARY:  Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa) is well known on the land as Aquaman however he is hiding from his destiny as ruler of the throne of Atlantis. But when his half brother King Orm (Patrick Wilson) vows to rage war on the land dwellers it's up to Arthur and Mera (Amber Heard)to stop him.

Honestly this may be DC's next best film after Wonderwoman. It is such a joyful crowdpleaser and so fun. The story is a bit of a mish-mash of tropes but the film is gorgeous to look at and is one of the most colourful films I've seen in years. Amber Heard and Jason Momoa are both incredible in their roles. The fight scenes are all brilliant and to be honest I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it. It's a total win for DC!

Anyway I had an amazing time so thank you very much Cineworld and everyone else involved!!

DISCLAIMERS: I was invited to this for free and given free stuff so this falls under my policy on this stuff. all opinions are my own etc full disclaimers are here.


Comments

Popular Posts