Books: A Newish Releases Haul + Review


So as a bit of a change I thought we'd do some book related content because why not. Books are cool. So here are four new-ish releases I think you should know about.
Dive in!
Anyway so over the Easter Holidays I took a selection of books with me to give me something to read. Anyway I'd be been saving these up and I thought it would be fun to discuss them and tell you what I thought.


A Place Called Perfect
by Helena Duggan 
QUICK SUMMARY: A young girl moves to Perfect a beautiful town except that those who don't wear the mandatory glasses go blind
This is a aimed a little younger than my general taste for YA but is an enjoyable creepy romp. It's got this amazing sense of place to it that managed to make the town of Perfect totally scary sounding. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It really felt very Lemony Snicket-y to me in a way I  enjoyed. 
Why Read it: because you like creepy fun books with a hint of Lemony Snicket
IF You like this read: Escape from Mr Limoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein



No Middle Name
by Lee Child
QUICK SUMMARY:  Every Jack Reacher short story in one book
If you like action and Jack Reacher boy is this the book for you and luckily for me I love both! 
Why Read it: You love action but fancy it in smaller chunks
If you like this read:  Solomon Creed by Simon Toyne, the other Reacher books

The Roanoke Girls
by Amy Engel
QUICK SUMMARY: A woman from a strange distant family returns when her cousin goes missing revealing a huge family secret
This si such a creepy book. The actual mystery is revealed very early but that doesn't stop the story being tense and nailbiting. The only thing for me was that I found the protagonist crazily unlikeable at times to a point that it put me off.
Why Read it: You fancy a creepy thriller in a female persepctive
If you like this read: The Girls by Emma Cline


The Gospel of Loki
by Joanne Harris
QUICK SUMMARY: A look at the Norse myths from the perspective of Trickster God Loki
I loved this book. It's an easy read and a really fun retelling of the Norse myths. Harris's Liki is a red headed demon with no shame who bounds around Asgard messing with the status quo. It's a joy. The only downside is the sequel coming out soon looks awful.
Why Read it: You want some fun Norse hijinks with an unreliable narrator
If you like this read: Odd and The Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman

So there we are guys! I did read some others but these are the ones I really wanted to tell you about because they were really great.

What have you guys been reading?
let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts