2017 is OVER LET'S HAVE A LOOK BACK


Firstly this is an end of year mashup of both my standard monthly roundup mixed with a year roundup. So it's a little messy but I think it works. I hope you enjoy this lookback at 2017, a terrible year for politics, life and other stuff!!!

MOVIES

I was very lucky this year So the Theory Goes gave me tickets to to the BFI London Film Festival which I attended and where I saw the incredible You Were Never Really Here and a boxing movie called Journeyman. It was also a year of fantastic horror with IT and Split the latter finally showing that Shymalan is back in business. I also had a fantastic second year of 52 Films by Women which was a joy. Also Wonder Woman!!!!!!

TV
We've had so much good TV this year. SO MUCH. But of course the winning moment is our new Doctor the amazing Jodie Whittaker. Seeing her in action on christmas day was glorious!!! 
Obviously I should mention the other great telly that hit our screens. Tom Hardy in the fantastic Taboo was a huge highlight. As well as a truly stellar series of Red Dwarf (if you take one thing from this article go and watch M-Corp it's black mirror level but only half an hour long and still manages to be funny) 

READ THESE
These are the best articles to read going into 2018!!! As usual the one in bold at number 5 is my top pick so if you only have time for one make it that one!
  1. Stylist's truly amazing piece about Grace Davies HERE
  2. Austin Kleon looks at the perils of lists HERE
  3. Gal-Dem asks where's the love for the women of Jazz HERE
  4. F Yeah History uncovers the teens that took on Hitler HERE
  5. Hyperallergic discovers pioneering lady architects HERE
  6. Open Graves Open Minds investigates Angels HERE
  7. BFI looks at the world of folk horror HERE
  8. Marriam Webster talks about the origins of "Doggo" HERE
  9. Vintage Books has a list of forgotten classics by women HERE
  10. Fashionista has a great article about Veils HERE
THIS BLOG

Things were crazy late year. So I am planning to get a stable posting schedule up and running. Also hopefully more book and comics related content!

WELCOME to 2018
LET'S HOPE IT'S GOOD


Comments

Popular Posts