52 Films by Women- Week 48

So the last film of November (well sort of) but this is going to be the last one before I start getting festive so be prepared!!!
So this weeks film directed by a woman is....

Girl Model
Dir: Ashley Sabin & David Redmon
2011
Well this was harrowing. Like if you want a film that will make you hate an industry for hot it treats young girls this is the documentary for you. In certain parts I was fuming especially about the double talking model scout Ashley who'd tell the girls one thing and then tell the camera the truth. It's a brutal look and a flawed and dangerous industry. It actually reminded me a lot of another documentary I watched this year called Tokyo Idols which I also wholeheartedly recommend.  Honestly this movie made me so angry but it's worth the watch. 


Comments

Popular Posts