52 Films by Women- Week 27

So guys last week it was Reese Witherspoon this week  it's Jennifer Garner! Don't even ask how I eded up watching this one but all the other female directed movies looked too miserable and I wanted a happy ending damn it.
So this weeks film directed by women is...
Miracles From Heaven
Dir: Patricia Riggen
2016
Now this one may seem out of the blue for me but I remembered seeing a good review about this film on Pajiba and honestly I couldn't deal with another dark film. Everything i could find was just so ugh sounding that this was the only one I thought looked even half ok. So first things first yeah it's pretty damn preachy but honestly the actings good. (the dude who plays the Husband is so pretty it's untrue) Queen Latifiah steals the movie as Angela. But the real stars are the child actors who were really amazing. Honestly it seems like we are having a glut of really good child actors right now which is really great. Look this film will fill a gap be entertaining and the whole family can enjoy it. I'm counting it as a win.

Comments

Popular Posts