52 films by Women-Week 17

So this week we are going for a brand new documentary, one I have been super interested in. A different take on the true crime doc and a director we have looked at before.
It's... 
Casting JonBenet
Dir: Kitty Green
2017
I first heard of the JonBenet Ramsay case from Generation Why and then I heard about this documentary and I thought oooh this could be good. If you remember from last year I watched one of Green's documentaries the scary as crap Ukraine is not a Brothel (read here). Anyway this doc is a cross between a standard doc and a dramatisation which doesn't attempt to solve the crime. In fact it is more about America's obsession with the case. Also somthing about the final scene of the girls dressed as JonBenet dancing to Miss America was grotesque and thought provoking.

Comments

Popular Posts