52 Films by Women- Week 42

Only 10 more weeks my friends!! The year is closing in fast!!!! Holy Hell. Sorry this is late by the way. This week has got away from me completely and utterly and I have just been feeling completely sludgy and ick. 
Anywho on with the challenge I can't just sit around and feel miserable.
This weeks was meant to be a scary one in lead up to Halloween but sadly life got away from me and I didn't have time so I went for one which was advertised as less scary but freaked me the hell out. 
It was..

Ruby Sparks
Dir: Valerie Faris & Jonathan Dayton
2012
Ruby Sparks seems like a standard Manic Pixie movie for the first 20 minutes which drag a bit in all honesty. Those 20 minutes reminded me how amazing and fantastic Faris and Dayton's film Little Miss Sunshine was (Which I love to pieces, BEST MOVIE). Anywho After that beginning it kicks into itself starting nice and then spiraling out of control. Paul Dano as usual is amazing and where is this damn boys Oscar he is perfect in everything. The scene where Dano's character controls Ruby as she is clearly upset is truly horrible and scarier than any horror film. This film was such a surprise to me and it shocked me to the very end.

Comments

Popular Posts