52 FILMS BY WOMEN- WEEK 27

So we are more than half way ladies,gentlemen and everyone else inbetween!
So this week we are back to documentaries! I know I know I have a problem but I honestly don't care!!
so this weeks is....


Gayby Baby
Dir: Maya Newell
2016
This has to be one of new fave documentaries of this challenge. It was beautifully made and the children were all incredible and very different. Gus, a wrestling mad young boy, Ebony, an aspiring singer.,Graham, a boy struggling with reading and Matt, a boy struggling with religion. What connect them? They all have same sex parents. It's just the standard trials and tribulations of families and thats what makes it so bloody great. This movie got a lot of controversy for not being allowed to be shown in Australian schools but honestly that should just make you want to watch it more. It's got to be one of the most heartwarming and brilliant docs I have seen recently.

Comments

Popular Posts