52 Films by Women- Week 25

This weeks one wasn't the planned one. I generally have them lined up on my netflix list but decided to break it when I heard the tragic news about Anton Yelchin. So this weeks is the second movie I ever saw him in.
This weeks movie is...

The Beaver
Dir: Jodie Foster
2011
This film is supremely underrated. Mel Gibson is a hateful person but a very talented actor and whilst those two things can be hard to have written next to each other in this movie he proves it. He is Walter a depressed man that lets a Beaver puppet take over his life whilst his family hand everyone else have to deal with the consequences. Yelchin puts in an incredible performance as does Jennifer Lawrence. This film reads a bit like a strange fable and it is really worth a watch. 

Yelchin was one of those actors who reminded me a lot of Tom Hanks . He would have gone on to amazing things and his death was tragic and heartbreaking. I first saw him in the Fright Night remake which I loved and then in the movie we are talking about above and then in Star Trek. He never put in a bad performance. It will be sad to see him in Star Trek Beyond knowing that will be his last time as Chekov. May he rest in peace


Comments

Popular Posts