Here are my five best non fiction books to buy as gifts either for family or people you don't know.
1. So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
Ronson has done it again with another super interesting look at things you wouldn't normally think about. This book has a simple premise what happens to the people that the internet takes down. It's interesting, kinda bleak and as per usual Jon monsoon style very very funny. Anyone would enjoy this.
2. PostSecret by Frank Warren
Now this is a confutable art book with a difference. Warren gets people to send him anonymous postcards with their secrets on them. It makes for an entertaining flip through.
3. The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Bret Witter and Robert M. Edsel
This one is for history buffs. The story of a group of art lovers in WW2 as they go to save beloved art from the Nazis. The film is pretty great too.
4. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Stephen J Dubner and Steven Levitt
This one should be read by everyone. It's interesting, witty and hard hitting. The perfect gift for Dads everywhere.
5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
She's witty and brilliant and everything she does and so is her excellent memoir. Give it your mum, your grandma and your self!
So there you are will you be buying any of these for your family or friends??