Rec It Wednesday: make me cry

So todays theme was brought to me by tumblr user technicolor-mind, who told me my theme should be "movies that make me cry". So here we go! This isn't going to be upsetting to the max! (btw do you like the ideas of people suggesting themes through tumblr, I do so i'll try and do this most weeks) These aren't the only films that make me cry, just a few I haven't featured here)

1. You fancy a heartbreaking quirk fest
brought to you by the king of quirk himself

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001, Wes Anderson)
Anyone who has visited this blog ever would be able to tell you I am a huge Wes Anderson fan. In fact his work has been featured here already a few times as my movie of the year and a post for those who had watched all his work and wanted some recs based off it. Of all his films however, this one makes me cry like a baby. The scene set to Needle in the Hay is just about the saddest thing to ever happen and for some odd reason I cry during every second of it. Absolutely heartbreaking.

2. You fancy the most upsetting kids movie of all time
with the short guy from the Hunger games

Bridge to Terabithia (2007, Gabor Csupo)
So this absolute tear jerker is dressed up as a cute kids fantasy movie. That is not what this movie is. This is that movie explores grief and how people cope with bereavement. 10/10 would cry at.

3. You fancy a sci-fi classic
with the most heartbreaking death of all

Blade Runner (1982, Ridley Scott)
Maybe this is the wrong thing to take out of a movie about a hitman that takes out psychotic robots but Roy batty's death is still one of the saddest most pointless deaths ever. FACT. It's pointless, he never achieves his objective he lost all the people he had been protecting, Deckard never fulfilled his job in taking them all out. Our hero is left watching the last moments of someone who had just come terms with everything. Truly heartbreaking.

4. You fancy sad clones
Very sad clones
Never Let Me Go (2010, Mark Romanek)
This just breaks my little heart. A movie about a group of clowns waiting to have their organs harvested. How their lives develop and change. Helmed by three incredible actors the film really hold together.

5. You fancy a gore fest 
with a heartbreaking twist

Repo Men (2010, Migeul Sepochnik)
Talking about Organ Harvesting! This movie follows a pair of organ harvesters. However when one is badly injured and is given a special organ eh can no longer do his tasks. The twist will break your soul.

So there we go 5 tear tests to enjoy, you masochistic freaks!


Comments

Popular Posts