2015 OSCAR NOMINATIONS: PREDICTIONS

If you remember my previous prediction posts for both the Golden Globes and BAFTA's. (Both can be found in the PREDICTIONS tag btw) There are some really odd little nominations this year which I will comment on below.Full List HERE. As per usual, these are under a cut because they are huge.
For some of these there will be Runner ups ENJOY

BEST PICTURE

MY Choice: Grand Budapest Hotel
This is an amazing category and incredibly difficult to choose from, however I'm sticking with my guns here and picking Grand Budapest. Which you may remember was my film of the year
Runner up: Selma

BEST ACTOR
My Choice: Eddie Redmayne for Theory of Everything
This too is packed with very talented men however after Redmayne's victory at the globes I feel like he will go on to win for his incredible performance. Biopics really did have a good year because my runner up is from one too.
Runner up: Benedict Cumberbatch for The Imitation Game (my review)

BEST ACTRESS
My Choice: Rosamund Pike for Gone Girl
Pike's performance definitely deserves this honour. Having Cotillard in this category was a bit of a surprise however i'm pretty sure it's between Rosamund and Julianne.
Runner Up: Julianne Moore for Still Alice

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

My Choice: Ed Norton for Birdman
From the response to this performance I had to give this to Norton. His performance is one of the best of the year and I loved it to death. My review HERE
Runner up: JK Simmons for Whiplash

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
NOT QUITE SURE

IT's a toss up between PATRICIA ARQUETTE for Boyhood
Emma Stone for Birdman or Laura Dern for Wild

CINEMATOGROPHY

My Choice: Birdman
My choices are both sort of no brainers for this award. I never said I was unbiased!!!
Runner up: The grand budapest Hotel
COSTUME DESIGN


MY Choice:  Anna B. Sheppard-Maleficent
This was a difficult choice but as soon as I looked up the costumes for Maleficent it was even harder. Just look at the detailing even if you didn't like the film. You simply cannot deny that the costumes are beautiful. Heres an article about the costume.
Runner up: Coleen Atwood Into the Woods


DIRECTING
My Choice: Wes Anderson for The Grand Budapest Hotel
I'm sticking to my guns. It was just so different to everything up this year. Linklater's work simply doesn't interest me and theres only one real Runner Up. Not really runner up though I love them both.
Runner up: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu for Birdman

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
My Choice: Leviathan
I put my stake on this for the Golden globes and it won so i'll continue to be here with this. There we go it's always the skeletons on posters that win.
Runner Up: Ida

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
My Choice: Guardians of the Galaxy
This was a very different choice but in the end both Drax and Nebula looked so good they get the point. Runner up was hard to, I love Grand Budapest too but..
Runner up: Foxcatcher

ORIGINAL SCORE
My Choice: The Grand Budapest Hotel- Desplat
The soundtrack to this being such a perfect blend of folk music and general fun you will be smiling away as you listen to it. Good old Desplat.
Runner Up: The Imitation game- Desplat

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
My Choice: Wes Anderson & Hugo Guinness- The Grand Budapest Hotel
It's not difficult to award this one. Grand Budapest is original, entertaining and superbly well written.
Runner Up: Birdman

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
MY Choice: The Imitation Game- Graham Moore
This seemed like a very good choice. The film was well written and a good watch.
but where the heck is gone girl.
Runner Up: Anthony McCarten- The Theory of Everything

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
My Choice: How To Train Your Dragon 2
Where are the Lego Movie and Book of Life? Wh did this win a golden globe? but anyway its well made and beautiful so it has the best shot out of any of them.
Runner Up: Big Hero 6

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
MY Choice: Finding Vivian Maier
This one looks the most interesting maybe because unlike most of the nominees this year, it's a bout a woman.
Runner up: The Salt of The Earth

I"M SKIPPING SHORT FILM NOMINATIONS

FILM EDITING
Grand Budapest
Come on guys, it looks like a storybook. also where the heck is Birdman thats incredible 
Runner up: Whiplash
ORIGINAL SONG
My Choice: Everything is Awesome Lego Movie
One of the most, fun catchy songs of the year. IT totally deserves this award.
Runner up: Glory- Selma


PRODUCTION DESIGN
Its so beautiful i'm sorry.
Runner Up: Into the woods

SOUND MIXING                                                      SOUND EDITING

VISUAL EFFECTS
finally i've started caring again
My Choice: Guardians of the Galaxy
Theres a racoon and a talking tree, plus the starships during into a wall of stars is gorgeous.
Runner up: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

There we go. Took it's sweet time












Comments

Popular Posts