2015 GLAAD AWARDS PREDICTIONS

So as per my previous PREDICTIONS posts These will follow the same format. As I love most of these nominations, There will be runners up (if one of them wins not my main guess,  I get half a point) (yes I like coming up with totals, I'm a loser move on!) This is not a full list of all the nominees that can be found HERE
So without further a do.

OUTSTANDING FILM- WIDE RELEASE
MY CHOICE: The Imitation game
Runners up: Pride, The Skeleton Twins

This was a hard decision. However as a better film in terms of gravitas I'd probably have to pick The Imitation Game. (My review can be found HERE) However I do think both british comedy PRIDE and Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig's dark comedy The skeletons Twins has a shot. An outside shot but definitely a shot.

OUTSTANDING FILM- LIMITED RELEASE
My Choice: The Way he Looks
Runner up: Life Partners
I have been invested in the way he Looks from when it was just an adorable short film. I have to support it as a full length one!

OUTSTANDING DRAMA-TV
MY Choice: Orphan Black 
Runner up: How to Get Away with Murder
Orphan Black has been snubbed for so many awards and it is probably the best sci-fi show at the moment. It's diversity is magic and Tatiana Mislay is amazing as heck. Thats my stance on the matter.

OUTSTANDING COMEDY-TV
My Choice: Brooklyn Nine Nine
Runner up: Transparent
I know I have been singing Transparent's praises so this may be a surprise but from a reputation point of view and as a comedy, I would Brooklyn Nine Nine is better. Plus I love all of them like hell, they are amazing and it is just the best comedy from america on TV at the moment.

OUSTADING INDIVIUAL EPISODE FROM A SERIES WITHOUT A REOCURRING LGBT CHARACTER
My Choice: Down a Tree from Good Luck Charlie
Runner up: Deep Breath from Doctor Who
This was a landmark moment as Disney introduced a pair of mum's unto their popular kids show Good Luck Charlie however to show how much of humanity is awful the show had to be cancelled due to death threats on the shows 5 year old lead. (link here)Therefore for starting this and hopefully getting the ball rolling in kids media this deserves an award.

OUTSTANDING TV OR MINISERIES
NORMAL HEART IS ONLY ENTRANT-so... do with that what you will

OUTSTANDING DOCUMENTARY SERIES
MY CHOICE: True Trans with Laura Jane Grace
Runner up: Laverne Cox presents: The T Word
This is pretty self explanatory. The Webseries is free and therefore can be acssessed by more people.


OUTSTANDING COMIC BOOK
MY CHOICE: Hawkeye
Runner up: Lumberjanes
I love the current run of Hawkeye and it would be great for it to win.

As I said before this isn't a list of all the nominations, just the ones I feel like I can guess. So who do you think'll win, let me know!



Comments

Popular Posts