2015 GOLDEN GLOBES NOMINATIONS: PREDICTIONS PART ONE MOVIES

So the full list of nominee's for the 2015 GOLDEN GLOBES just dropped. Here it is by the way.
So as I have been out of the way this year and apparently missed most of the big stuff I'm just gonna weigh in on the bits i Know and what I personally think. If I haven't seen them my prediction will be taken from what i have read from other critics or reviewers. I'd read the noms first before reading this post

It's gonna be long so it's under a handy cut!




BEST MOTION PICTURE DRAMA

For me this is a toss up between boyhood and the imitation game. However from what i've heard about Boyhood, i'm giving it to that. BOYHOOD seems more likely to win and seems a interesting concept and the execution is apparently stunning. Whilst I didn't see it, I have heard nothing but praise so here's a review from REEL TALK.

BEST MOTION PICTURE MUSICAL/COMEDY
In the list, there's only one that stands out to me and that is THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL. It's the only one that is highly original. Whilst St Vincent is on my watch list , from the reviews I don't think even Bill Murray can beat this.

BEST DIRECTOR

This was a tricky one, between very worthy nominees however as listed above the originality in Grand Budapest and Anderson's unique style mean even over Fincher and Linklater theres only one in my eyes. WES ANDERSON.

BEST ACTRESS DRAMA

Now this one is exceptionally hard because most of the films listed haven't surfaced yet in England. However AMY ADAMS seems the contender for me as she is consistently brilliant and BIG EYES looks like it's gonna pull in a lot of awards.

BEST ACTOR DRAMA

I CANNOT CALL THIS. It's way too close. Benedict Cumberbatch was incredible in THE IMITATION GAME, CARELL has received many plaudits for FOXCATCHER and GYLLENHAAL has received a ton of praise for NIGHTCRAWLER. I have no idea it's gonna be close

BEST ACTRESS COMEDY
Seeing as all of these ones for this category seems horribly out of place. I am once again going by reviews and have selected REESE WITHERSPOON. Reel Girl has said she was incredible and whilst I don't agree with all her points I think WITHERSPOON is in for a chance. Her's REEL GIRLS POST ABOUT IT

BEST ACTOR MUSICAL/COMEDY

Ok once again weird category choices. I know most people will be Christoph Waltz at their screen but nah. He's won enough! I'm going for RALPH FIENNES (yep Voldemort) for his Performance as M. Gustave H in Grand Budapest. He was perfect in the role and definitely deserves all the praise. Also I wrote an article about Gustave HERE

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Once again NO IDEA. It's definitely between STREEP or KNIGHTLY for me but I simply can't decide. The talent is just too strong this year!!!! EDIT It's gonna be STREEP been thinking about it and Knightlys good and all but she isn't STREEP. 
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
When in doubt choose ED NORTON. He's consistent and very talented and reviews have said he is excellent in BIRDMAN. That's enough for me!

BEST SCREENPLAY
EASY PEASY. I'm going for THE IMITATION GAME. It's beautifully crafted and deserves all the praise.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE
This is the one that interests me most. It looks incredible reviews have been great , selected for Cannes plus the poster has a giant skeleton on it. I'm supporting LEVIATHAN.

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Only one in this list deserves the award. I mean I love the Lego movie but nah. It has to be BOOK OF LIFE. Which I reviewed here. A beautiful film with gorgeous visual, great storyline. Actually the whole thing is exactly what I want from an animated film. Expecting Oscar nods as well for this beautiful thing.

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
It's gonna be DESPLAT. His score for the film was gorgeous and deserves a nod. It was incredible and he is incredibly talented.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
It's gonna be ANNIE. Let's not beat around the bush here as much as I love the other songs. It is gonna be ANNIE.

So there we have it film nominations PREDICTED. You won't have to wait long for part two so stay along for the ride folks!

Comments

Popular Posts